Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Been a While, VLOG anyone?!?

Heya all!!!

It's been a while since I last posted something. I apologise for this matter as I've been kept busy with my study. Owh, and btw, I am a last year university student, just want to let you guys know. Hihihihi... Anyway lots of things have happened in my life lately. Pretty interesting stuffs I must say, yet quite confusing and take a lot of my brain at the same time. Enough with the whining, let's just get to business. The reason I decide to make this post is to just simply update you that this blog isn't dead yet. I've lots of interesting stuffs in my pockets, just need to find a suitable time to release it :p LOL :)

Just a quick announcement before I begin my post, if you really like what you see or just want to know more about me :p just add/subscribe/follow me at these social networks:
and I'm actually interested in doing Vloggy Vlog now >.< but not sure yet, will update you guys as soon as I make one ^.^

As a reality show lover, there are lots of exciting stuffs happening rite now. First we have SYTYCD's USA season 8 just ended, well okay, it's actually quite a while ago (my laziness to post, I'm sorry don't kill me).
Who is disappointed with the finals? I do. Compared to the previous weeks, the final is meh, sorry to say, underwhelmed, sub-par and not memorable. Sigh, I guess they set the bar too high before the finals. Moreover, my faves, Nick & Iveta (Ballroom Blitz anyone???) were eliminated prematurely. 2nd week? C'mon!!! It's hard to pick the most favourite routine of mine, I have several actually and they all stand out. However as the winner is none other than early favourite Melanie Moore, I have to pick one of her routine as sample; and once again, I have several routine of hers that are in my top picks. But I have decide to go with her first routine ever as duo with 3rd place Marko Germar, the Stone Dance to "Turned to Stone" by Ingrid Michaelson choreographed by the genius and former contestant Travis Wall. Lemme warn you first though. This dance is first class dance: beautiful movements and deep emotions involved. Very hard to chew for some people, but if you really, really 'watch' it with all your heart, I think you will get it. Enjoy the magnifique contemporary piece:
Second news is SYTYCD Canada Season 4. It actually premiered in mid-way of US version. So, we have 2 dance TV shows at the same time in summer (talking 'bout double happiness) or winter in the land of down-under, Australia. OMG, this Canada version is much muccccchhhh better than the US version by miles. Not only that, this is in my opinion the best of SYTYCD's Canada out of all the previous seasons. Not picking any faves (Melissa :p), the only downside of this show is that the winner is not the person I want to win (I can't vote, so don't blame me people); however, I'm okay with the winner, Jordan Clark, as I think she is quite deserving. Her solos were sick!!! 
Anyhow, I will pick more than one samples (fave routines) for this show since as you might have known (if you are crazy fans like me), the wonderfully talented choreographer whose choreo will never disappoint us ever, Mia Michaels is back. And yes, she quits the US show, but she didn't quit the Canada one, YEAY!!! Nevertheless, I just found out that the show has been cancelled! WTH, this is the best season ever and they cancel it, well I guess they have their own 'strategic' reason >.< Hope this vids will cheer you up:
First up, is a contemporary dance choreographed by Sabrina Matthews danced by Melissa Mitro (my fave) and Shane Simpson. The dance is about AIDS, if I'm not wrong. Incredibly moving. Enjoy!
Second one, is a contemporary-jazz piece by the one and only Mia Michaels, I wonder what's in her twisted little mind. How can she be so creative!!!
Next, I'm gonna talk about DWTS. Yap, that's right peps, another dance show is back this fall (or spring in Oz). For those of you who doesn't know, this show is very different from SYTYCD. This show is about ballroom and latin dancing while SYTYCD is pretty much about every kind of dance. Secondly, the show features non-ballroom dancer celebrities (the stars) partnered with professional partner (the teachers) while SYTYCD features aspiring dancers. Bear in mind, they are not professional dancers; thus, the dance quality cannot be compared to SYTYCD's.


For those who follows this show closely, you might have notice several pro shuffling. Our lovely Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin from SYTYCD as well as veteran Louis Van Amstel do NOT come back as pro-dancers this season. They are replaced by newcomers Peta Murgatroyd and Tristan McManus (OMG, isn't he such a cutieee, I thought he was in high school or sth - like Derek Hough... I love his accent so much) from the DWTS's dance troupe last season and Val Chmerkovskiy, the brother of the bad-boy Maksim Chmerkovkiy. 
Well, enough with the pros, after all this show is to showcase the celebrities in the dance-floor. Okay, so after seeing all of them perform, I have to say that I like Chynna Phillips, J.R. Martines, Ricki Lake, Carson Kressley (I never knew he was such a hysterical person! so funny) and, I can't believe I say this, Rob Kardashian (he had such vulnerability and Cherly lol). For sample, I choose the J.R.'s first dance as I think he has potential to win this whole thing and he has Karinaaaaaa (I love her, she is tough, slutty but super emotional - remember her with Billy Ray Cyrus?!?). I hope she wins, Derek has won too much (3x - that's a lil unfair) owh and the danced to one of my fave song of all times, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway!
Airing at the same time as DWTS is the underrated singing competition, the SING-OFF!!! OMG, this show is freaking better than Idol, X-Factor and even the Voice. As much as I love the other shows, this show is just off the hook. I'm a sucker for accapela, they always sound so... grand ^.^
The judges of this show is Ben Folds (isn't he super critical or sth, I like him tho), Shawn Stockman (BoyzIIMen) and new judge, the talented Sara Bareilles replacing PCD star, Nicole Scherzinger whose album btw is so good! Okay, as this show is the underdog, I presume that no one of you knows it yet. Just to give it a feel, I will post you one of my fave piece from the show which is the group number, Kings of Leon's Use Somebody from Season 2.
OMG, I got chills from watching this awesome, awesome, awesome performance. You'all have to check the rest of the show, it is freaking off the hook! For the current season, season 3. I have one group that catch my interest. It's called Pentatonix. They sing Katy's E.T. which I love, love, love! Once again I got chills from this extraterrestrial performance :p Enjoy!
Also airing at the same time is the triple X-Factor series. Yeah I said triple because there are freaking 3 X-Factor series airing at the same time. The UK version, the US version and the Oz version.
At the moment, the UK version is the superior one (well, experience does makes you perfect, I guess - season 8). The UK version is judged by returning judge Louis Walsh (Westlife manager?) and 3 new judges: Gary Barlow (Take That), Tulisa Contostavlos (N-Dubz, frankly, I never heard this group before she became judge, but who cares, she is pretty) and Destiny Child's Kelly Rowland. These new line-ups certainly bring something new to the show. It's much more fresh than prior seasons. Okay, so there are lots of singers that I really like in this show: Janet Devlin (talking real talent), Girl V Boy (OMG, they reminded me so much with one of my fave group ever, Same Difference) Misha Bryan, Jade Richards and Samantha Brookes (Sami). I think they're all great singers, I would like to see em success (esp Sami, love her).
Now, for the US version, errr... so far, I only found 1 singer that managers to mesmerise me. She is Stacey Francis. This one performance manages to hook me up for the rest of the season. I hope she wins :) Owh and the judges for this series are: the nasty man, Simon Cowell (American Idol), Paula Abdul (American Idol), Nicole Scherzinger (do the math!) and L.A. Reid (sth to do with Mariah Carey and owning a record company?)
Lastly, the Oz version. This for me, is underwhelmed. The talents is there, but I don't know, I expects more I guess after seeing the UK version. The performances feel so karaoke >.< I pray for more in the future. The judges in the land down-under are: Mel B (Scary Spice, love her, she is... scary? and her accents is just WOW), Guy Sebastian (Australian Idol), Natalie Bassingthwaighte (that's a mouthful surname :p she is... doing everything I guess, I want her to do well, but she kinda disappoint, needs more drama, i guess!) and Ronan Keating (when you say nothing at all?). 
Now for the contestants, one act absolutely manage to captivate my heart, Audio Vixen. This family group is killing it. I love, love, LOVE its performance. Judge it for yourself, owh and I love how Mel B eating her words :)
Now, for the most anticipated show, not reality tho, the one and only McKinley High School's GLEE!!! I'm so freaking love GLEE! and yes, the show is back for another season. After the "spiritual prequel", The Glee Project, the show is finally back for its 3rd season.

As usual, new members are going to join the Glee family. We have known for sure that at least the 4 "winners" of TGP: Lindsay Pearce, Alex Newell, Samuel Larson and the cutie pie form Irish, Damian McGinty (fun fact: he was in a celtic band from Irish called Celtic Thunder and OMG his accent... dying, hyperventilates). Now back to Glee, well, I can't say much about it as it only just premiered 2 weeks ago. One thing I know that there will be great musics as usual (at least one if not). For the season premier, Lindsay Pearce has already made her debut as Harmony who I believe has the potential to be Rachel Berry's rival. Her number is magnificiento, she sings to Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do mash-up.
I don't know where the songs come from, but I certainly love it after hearing the Glee version, as usual. Well, if you are a Gleek like me, this must be a real treat; thus, don't forget to tune in every week to see this sensational tv series.
My point is, for telly lover like me, we are quite, well actually over-entertained by the shows now airing at the same time in the telly. I wish I could keep track of em all but I dunno, have study commitments :( Well, there is always internet to run to anyway! Hahaha... Ok, it's already pretty late now, I guess I'm gonna wrap up this post. I hope you have as much fun reading my posts as I was making it. Cheers mate!

"Study Hard, Play Hard"
xoxo, your best friend
JoI

No comments:

Post a Comment