Sunday, August 7, 2011

"You shoot me down, but I won't fall, I am TITANIUM!"

Hey guys, How you're all doin'?

I hope not as bad as me :p (*sob, shaking head). Forgive me guys, just having a really bad day. Was not proud of myself today. Anyway, that aside. I just stumble upon an AMAZING
song, which actually manage to pick my mood up lil bit. Some of you might have known it if you're hardcore music fans, some of you might have not. Either way I am so in love with this song I decided to blog about it. To tell you the truth peep, I was planning to do a blog about dancing actually; however, circumstances changes drastically and I decided to blog about this awesome, awesome song instead.
So, here comes the song, drum rolls please (*dum dum dum dum dum). It's called TITANIUM from the latest unreleased album of the one and only David Guetta.























Frankly speaking, I'm not a big fan of David at all. However, I am a huge, huge, massive fan of his collaborator in this song, the fabulous Sia Furler better known as Sia only. 
Once again, for those who by some kind of weird turns of events ends up living on another planet and do not know who the heck Sia is, do not worry as I will kindly explain to you. Oh before I forget, I have to at least tell you what David Guetta is famous for right? Well, he is well-known for kinda like 'producing electronic dancy sound like song sung by famous artists'. His song, When Loves Takes Over featuring Kelly Rowland was an obvious hit. Kelly herself became worldwide phenomenon after taking this song showcasing her insane range. So, enough about David, now let's get back to Sia.
Actually, you have the right to not know her (*giggles) as also for the unknown reason, she is such an underrated singer-songwriter. Firstly, she is Australian (yeay, proud to be studying in Australia). She has begun her carer for quite some time and in my opinion, has panned quite a lot of singles that should be a major, MAJOR hit. 
She is very talented songwriter which is proven in her song as well as by her writing songs for other famous artists such as Christina Aguilera. In fact, Christina adores her so much that she was chosen as her advisor in the NBC singing talent show hit, The Voice. As for her singing ability, there is no doubt that this girl has captivated my heart so much with his 'haunting' voice. Her voice is really, really, really good. Very unique and soft to listen too. Thus, for thus, doubting her ability, give it a try listening to her songs and I bet you too, will be swept by the greatness of her voice. In addition to all of that, there is one more thing that I have to mention about Sia. She is very creative in her video, so, so creative and innovative that her videos are actually kinda crazy but crazily good. In order to justify my point, I have no choice but to provide you with some of her music videos that I think are really good.
The first one is for me, one of her greatest song ever, Soon we'll be Found. This song obviously has an emo feel to it. Very melancholic, haunting yet beautiful. In this video, Sia wets her hands with paint and perform sing language to  express the lyrics of the song, very creative, eh? Then, she also use shadow puppet which for me is a genius choice. I've never seen a shadow puppet as complex and wonderful as this one, so kudos for that! Actually, if you like Silhouettes on America's Got Talent latest season (which is season 7) you will definitely like this one. Next one, Breathe Me. Another melancholic song from Sia. This song has a sad feeling about it, yet it's beautiful. It actually poops up in many of the tv series in US and I personally think this song suits for the ending of a telly drama series. In this video, Sia once again shocked us using her creativity. She is using photographs to convey the story of the MV. It's actually almost like stop-motion movies such as Chicken Run and Nightmare Before Christmas but using photographs instead. This is also one of her MUST SEE videos. See it HERE.
Another song of her that I think is awesome is You've Changed. This is the song from her latest album. It's not a melancholic song, it's catchy song instead. The music video is crazy! I mean, using video games as inspiration and trying to portray that using real life 'things' is brilliant. This is definitely what differentiate Sia from another singers 
in this era. Her talent is superb, she is the real deal. Oh, I have to say that she can sing live, I mean like LIVE! without any auto-tuned or electronic devices that could transform your oh-not-so-good voice to pitch perfect. I don't have anything against auto-tunes, I actually respect those who use it, if you're not feeling good/comfortable with your voice, by all means use it! Like my parents always say "people bring ears". So, this is it, Enjoy! If you like what you hear and want to listen to her songs all day long, by all means, buy it or download it now on iTunes. Actually, I will give you one 
more preview just in case you're not yet convinced. She contributed to the soundtrack of "Twilight Saga" movies. I forgot which movie was it, but I believe it's the third one (correct me if I'm wrong). The song is called, My Love and it is magnificent. It's so sad and haunting and beautiful at the same time. You have to hear it yourself in order to grasp what I mean by saying that. As a bonus, I'm actually going to give you guys a waltz-choreography to the song, choreographed by the talented Mark Ballas who is a professional partner on Dancing With the Stars US, performed by Chelsea Kane (Jonas Brothers Disney telly) and himself. I have to say though, ignore the judges comments, they were looking for traditional waltz, but Mark gave them Emmy worthy waltz instead; therefore, they are lil bit grumpy about it. Nonetheless, this choreography did get Emmy nominated in the Best Choreography category.

 

Ok, enough for the previews. Now, back to the main reason why I'm doing this blog in the first place, TITANIUM

An awesome, awesome song. Its lyrics are amazing and its tones are uplifting. It actually has the potential to be a big hit in my opinion. I like this song so much and have listened dozens of time already. You can dance to this song and throw away your heavy burdens that you might have :p Enjoy the song and please buy David Guetta album, Nothing but the Beat when it comes out or pre-order now on AMAZON. Have a good day my fellas!!!


"I am TITANIUM"
Sia Furler

3 comments:

  1. ohhh Sia.. i dont like her 'dark' songs.. but the 1 with Guetta is great.. the only thing i hate is i have difficulty catching the lyrics coming out from Sia's mouth.. Btw, there's 1 video that's illegal.. can't see it.. great post! well done jozz..ehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adore Sia! Her songs are brilliant!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore her too! Her voice is so unique ^.^ thanks 4 the comment :)

    ReplyDelete