Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Julia Child's Boeuf à La Bourguignonne"

Howdy all!

This is officially my first content post, oh, I'm so excited about this! To begin with, I think the history of why did I start all of this blogging thing would be an appropriate story as the debut post. Well, it's a long, long story I tell you; yet, it's an exciting one. All began on last monday night, when I was relaxing on my bed, doing nothing (as always). Suddenly, I wanted to watch a movie. A light drama with a touch of comedy that should be easy to discern on your brain that was. I began searching and searching. After countless hours (exaggerated :p), one movie caught my eyes, that movie was Julie & Julia.
Very strange right. Actually the reason why it caught my eyes was quite different from what I was aiming for. The main reason was none other than the main actresses on the movie: the one and only, queen of actresses I might say, multi-award winners, Meryl Streep and the very funny, talented and understated in my opinion, Amy Adams.Lemme give you some background about these absolutely fabulous actresses just in case some of you live in cave or something :p (no offence). Hollywood 101!

                        
Let's start with Meryl Streep, gosh how do I even start. Well, she is... a 'diva' in the actresses world. She had played dozens of films, many of which are critically acclaimed. She was well known for her role as powerful, almost dictator-ish, choleric fashion magazine editor, Miranda "That's all" Priestly in Devils Wears Prada (2006). She sang ABBA music in Mamma Mia! as Donna Sheridan (2008). Lastly, she lent her unique voice as Mrs. Fox in an animated movies, Fantastic Mr. Fox that I love, love, love.
Now, let's move on to Amy Adams. Well, honestly, I only know 2 well-known movies in which she starred in; but, these two are more than enough to capture my heart. Firstly, she starred in a Disney movies, Enchanted as princess Giselle. Her performance and voice were just WOW. I was definitely enchanted (especially with the "That's How you Know" song). Secondly, she shared a role with the always funny, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in the "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" as Amelia Earhart. She once again captivated me with her funny performance.
As soon as I see these two names, I just couldn't resists myself, I have to watch this. To cut things short, I finally watched the movie and it was as expected, another stellar performance from these two actresses. The story is basically about a married woman with a boring life, Julie who tries to find out something significant to do, something that makes her alive. As she was thinking about what she should do, her husband suggest her to cook which is something she loved to do. She was obsessed with Julia Child, a female chef who was well-know for bringing French cooking to American. Thus, Julie finally decided to make a blog about her trying to cook all of 524 Julia's recipes within a limit of 365 days.
The thing is, her decision to make her life worthwhile has inspired me. I was in the same state as Julie was; however, I decided to make my life more exciting as she did. Not cooking though, as I sucked in that (3 years cooking lessons in high school and still fruitless result :p), it's the blogging. Therefore, this blog was born. Just as Julie said in the movie, I will also say...
This movie is really wonderful. Meryl's accent was so funny, I think she tried to sound as close as possible to the real Julia Child. Amy's acting was also worth-noting. She looked kinda boyish in this film though ^o^ Oh, and one more thing that I learned from the movie was beef bourguignon or Boeuf à La Bourguignonne. I just loved how funny and delicious it sounds. Can someone makes me a beef bourguignon? I wanted Julia Child's one ^o^
I hope you enjoy this story, more exciting ones will come up soon!!!
Watch the trailer of this AMAZING film here:
and get the DVD and blu-ray of Julie & Julia on AMAZON as well as the novel in BORDERS now while stock lasts!  


"Bon Appétit!"
Julia Child 


1 comment:

  1. oohh i remember watching this movie.. made me wanna start chopping crabs.. ahahaha.. crab..

    ReplyDelete