Thursday, August 4, 2011

Real World Disney PrinCeSSes!

Hi all, Howchu doin'?

I'm not doing really well today. Lots of stuffs happen that were... "not according to plan" as Viktor in Corpse Bride might put it. However, let's stop whining and get over it. It's outta my hand anyway, let's just pray for the best and let God do the rest.
So, in order to calm myself, I decided to make another post. Yipiiii.... This time, I'm taking more mainstream approach, not too mainstream yet though :p Yep, this time I'm gonna discuss about (drum roll please *dum dum dum dum*) DISNEY PRINCESSES. Yap, you heard it right lads, Disney Princesses, but not like Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine and Ariel thingy. It's more real world "Disney Princesses" which I might suspect might be the "guilty pleasure" for lots of teenage boys.
Real World Disney Princess. Meaning? Female actresses or should I say "stars" who emerge to stardom from one of the biggest enterprise in the history of humanity, the one and only Disney. I said stars instead of just simply actresses since they're not only capable of acting, but also singing, dancing, producing films and even making perfumes (which is currently "in" in the actresses world). As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are only 5 major female stars that come from this big enterprise. Major as in BIG, insanely well-known, not necessarily for good reason tough. These quintuplets are: (from top left - clockwise) Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff. Each of them has starred in Disney movies on their younger age and has managed to establish their own career. Let's remind you guys or even introduce, for those living on other planets :p, you guys to these five insanely talented ladies.

Let's start with the fabulous Hilary Duff!










Oh Gosh, how should I start? Well, first of all, she was born on September 28, 1987. There, you could guess in what era her fanboys were born. Second fact, yes, you're absolutely right, she was the one and only Lizzie McGuire, a cute and fun teenage girl with an animated self that actually shows her true feelings. She became really popular after portraying this character or at least that's how I know her existence. Due to the high ratings of the series, it has been made to a full-length movie which was really big, especially in Asia (or Singapore if my memory don't fail me). As a Disney stars, she also got to go through the "ritual" that I believe she was happily to do. What kind of ritual? well, if you are a big fans of Disney like me, then you should know that almost every Disney stars need to lend their (not necessarily) beautiful voices on songs. In other words, they are asked to be singers. Hilary Duff got to sing the soundtracks of both the series and the movies of Lizzie McGuire and I can tell you right now that she has gorgeous, gorgeous soft voice.
Her voice were so good that Walt Disney Studio decided to made a recording contract with her. She then got to release her debut album entitled, Santa Claus Lane. This holiday album manage to be certified Gold for shipping 500,000 copies to retailers. Personally, I think this is a great debut album. I love her voice, I love all the songs, I just love it. I'm actually having a hard time to decide which one from the eleven great tracks that I will be choosing to sample on. Finally, after a long hard struggle I decide to put her rendition of a sweet old song, Last Christmas. This is just a sample, lads, if you like what you hear and want to hear more of Hilary, please buy the CD on CD UNIVERSE or AMAZON.

Her music carer grows as her acting carer grows. She starred in many memorable movies, such as: Agent Cody Banks, Cheaper by the Dozens and its sequel, a Cinderella Story and Raise Your Voice. Meanwhile, she released her sophomore album entitled, Metamorphosis. The sales of the album were Disney all time high, giving her Platinum certification for shipping 500,000 copies. Her second album were more 'fierce' than her debut album. Lots of the songs were really great. Again, I'm having difficulties for picking tracks to sample. In the end, I decide that Come Clean is the winner in this round. This time is her official music video. Enjoy! Oh, and as always, if you are addicted to her voice, feel free to buy it on AMAZON.
I decide not to discuss about her movies in-depth as it will take dozens and dozens of hours and sleepless night to discuss all of it as they were all awesome. Moreover, it doesn't feel good to discuss it here as it will be all unorganised and stuff.
Therefore, lemme just finish with her music section. I believe her voice is more than enough to enchant you to her endless beauty, BAH... what am I saying? I sounded like a poet-er or something. Anyhow, a year later, Hilary released her self-titled album, Hilary Duff. This album is more "emo" than the previous ones. Nonetheless, she is still Hilary Duff. Her voice actually sounded awesome in some of the tracks. Yes more mature and depth, but still sweet to hear. Oh gosh I'm so torn about this one, there were still 2 outstanding tracks that I cannot decide which one should I put. These are between Who's that Girl which is apparently also in the soundtrack of her movie Perfect Man and Someone's Watching Over Me which is coincidentally also become a soundtrack of her movie Raise Your Voice. Hufffff... hmmmm... ok, I decide to just put these 2 videos up, I cannot call it. It's draw for me :p Here you go, ENJOY! Like what you hear? Want to taste the emo-ness of Hilary? Easy, just buy the album on AMAZON.



Ok, back to business. 

As her acting and music carer grows, her age grows as well. She become more mature, talented and of course, more beautiful. Her acting grows in a way that she is willing to take mature role which might not be suitable for kids anymore, but hey, her fans are growing as well aren't cha boys? :p Accordingly, her music grows mature as well. 

She sounded totally different in her fourth album, DignityHowever, I still LOVE her. In my opinion, her voice actually sits comfortably in this kind of genre strangely. Once again tough, I have trouble deciding which tracks I should put in. However, in the end, the first track of the CD, Strangers is the one who is worthy enough to get the chunk. I have to say though, this time, her music video helps was the main reason why I chose this song. She looks absolutely gorgeous in this video. Kinda funky, sexy, hippy. I love her new looks. Therefore, without any further due, please welcome, Strangers. If you like her new sound just as much as I did, then you should buy it on AMAZON without delay.

Phew, I never thought that doing 1 girl will take me so long. 
I don't have any other choice then. I am sorry to say folks, it had to be 1 at a time. I will be blogging for the other girls sometimes later. I am tired right now and my eyes are kinda almost like panda :p Just one quick fact before I wrap up, Hilary Duff has launched her own perfume called With Love... Just click the link to find out more about it.  Lastly, she recently wrote a novel, Elixir which is now a New York Times Best Seller. I personally haven't read the novel yet, I'm more telly guy :p However, I think it must be a good one since it became NYT bestseller. Therefore, give it a try by buying it on BORDERSThat's all for tonight, see ya all later in a brand new day! Night Peeps!    
     

"Never let the fear of striking out keep u from playing te game"
Hilary Duff


2 comments:

  1. i will always love HilDuff~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow i didn't know she has starred in so many movies.. but personally, i missed the young, cheerful ms. duff.. seems like she becoming more n more skinny n has pointy face that, to me, looks kinda bit.. evil.. ahahaha..

    ReplyDelete